If you’re a seller on Amazon and want to try out a new tool that could potentially help you sell more, track what your competitors are doing, and discover new products, then the DS Amazon Quick View is worth checking out.
As all eCommerce merchants know, and I say this a lot, but using the right tools in your Amazon business can give you a leg up on the competition.
With so many Amazon software alternatives competing for your attention, and your wallet, it's good to read a comprehensive review before committing yourself to any Amazon marketing tool in my opinion.
The DS Amazon Quick View chrome extension offers several valuable features that I'll discuss in this review so read on to learn if it's a practical tool for you and your Amazon business.
DS Amazon Quick View – What is It?
The DS Amazon Quick View is an extension for Google Chrome that'll present you with a heap of additional information for the results of searches on Amazon.
Information revealed by this Google Chrome extension includes –
- The sales rank of a product. The sales rank considers the “all-time sales” of a product, with more weightage given to recent sales. The information tells you how well a competitor’s product has done recently.
- Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN)
- Whether the product is sold by Amazon or an FBA seller. Each has its own benefits for the buyer. You can price and position your product in a more targeted manner with this information at hand.
The DS Amazon Quick View chrome extension is a timesaver. You no longer have to check out every product listing individually. You can get the information on the search results page, with even more additional information thrown up when you hover the mouse over a result as shown in the image below.
For much the same reasons that I love using RevSeller, DS Amazon Quick View is a major time saver that cuts down the time I have to spend on product research.
How Do I Use DS Amazon Quick View?
Ease of use is a standout feature of the DS Amazon Quick View chrome extension. Literally just a couple of easy steps as outlined below and you are up and running.
- Download it from the Chrome Web Store and install it.
- Head over to Amazon and search for a product.
- View the information that this extension throws up. It includes the product’s bestsellers rank (BSR) and seller information.
- You can review more information by moving the cursor over a product. This includes product dimensions, average customer ratings, and more.
DS Amazon Quick View Pros and Cons
As with every tool, it has something for everybody, but it also has some shortcomings. Let's review what's great and what's not so great about the DS Amazon Quick View chrome extension.
Pros of DS Amazon Quick View
- The tool saves you time. If you wish to quickly learn about a product’s sales rank and access other information, this is an awesome app because you can obtain the required details from the search page. You can review more products through this tool and use the time saved to study the data and derive actionable marketing and sales insights.
- This extension is free to use so there's no reason not to at least try it out and compare its performance to other paid and free Amazon marketing tools.
- The DS Amazon Quick View also has an extended version. This premium, professional offering is sold for $25; it’s a one-time cost for a powerful tool. It provides rich data on pricing for FBA vendors, historical price trends, and Keepa history.
Cons of DS Amazon Quick View
- The DS Amazon Quick View does not provide enough information for in-depth analysis. Before you select a product to sell and promote, you need to understand its profitability and popularity. To truly make an educated decision when sourcing a new product you monthly sales figures, sales trends, demand, and competitor analysis. DS Amazon Quick View does not display this information.
- The extension works only with Amazon.com, so if you’re active on other Amazon marketplaces, this Google Chrome extension is not for you. It’s a handy Amazon research tool for sellers on the US marketplace.
- This is not a tool for comparing products. You can, at best, view details of a few products and get some idea of what to reject outright and what to consider for future research.
What Is the Difference Between the Standard and Extended Versions?
DS Amazon Quick View is a freemium app; i.e., its premium and extended features are unlocked on purchase. AT the time of writing, the Extended version of the chrome extension is only a one-time fee of $25 USD which is quite affordable.
The extended version offers added features such as –
- Workability with all Amazon marketplaces, and not just with Amazon USA. So, if you’re selling in different international markets, you can use this tool to your benefit.
- It reveals the pricing history of a listing. Historical data lets you determine your pricing strategy to maximize profits.
- It reveals the lowest FBA offer for a product. You can set your offer above or below this rate depending upon your sales and marketing objectives.
- You can filter based on price, best sellers ratings, review scores, Amazon listings, and other parameters.
- Keepa graphs and Buy Box data suppression.
- Data export to CSV.
DS Amazon Quick View Alternative
There's a lot of Amazon FBA tools on the market but they're not all built the same. If you want to stick to a free tool that delivers basic info, DS Amazon Quick View is great. If you're looking to invest a little bit of cash into your business and upgrade to a paid tool then there are some great alternatives available.
Amazon Quick View by AMZScout will delivers pretty much the same details as DS Amazon Quick View, plus some useful additional information. You can view keywords related to a product, FBA fees that contribute to the cost of a product, sales margin estimates that are reasonably accurate, information on a product’s quality, BSR data, and price timelines. This tool will cost you at least $45.99 per month.
Helium10 is a very comprehensive tool that will cost you anywhere from $39 to $249 per month, but once your Amazon business gets to a certain operating level then it might be worth it.
My number one recommendation as an alternative to DS Amazon Quick View is the RevSeller chrome extension. It is in my opinion one of the best chrome extensions you can use in your Amazon FBA business.
The great thing about RevSeller is that you only have to pay $79.99 for your first year if you use this link and use the discount code PRO20, PLUS you will get a 30 day free trial.
DS Amazon Quick View - Final Verdict
The DS Amazon Quick View is a helpful tool for those who wish to conduct some cursory, initial research on what to sell on Amazon. It’s free and lets you get started with data gathering on Amazon.
With this tool you can also learn about the features of a good Amazon research tool and also about what’s missing in this tool.
You might be able to pair this DS Amazon Quick View with other cheap or free Amazon tools to obtain missing information, but you are much better off going for a better tool rather than trying to use multiple.
If you’re interested in tools with more advanced features, this might not be the one for you, but if you're new to Amazon or only selling a low volume and you don't want to spend on a paid or subscription-based tool, then, by all means, go with the DS Amazon Quick View.
I quite often write about the best tools to use in your Amazon business and I also send out weekly emails packed full of useful info to help you become a better Amazon seller. If you don't want to miss out on the action, feel free to join my free email list below.